2020 Environmental Gathering Idea Talk: CitiesIPCC Communities & Climate Change
Join researchers from the City of Edmonton’s CitiesIPCC Legacy Research Grant Program to learn how changes in the daily life of our communities can help lessen the impact of climate change.
This Idea Talk features:
- Shelby Yamamoto from University of Alberta with their project, Climate Change, Older Adults & Immigrants: Exploring Community Vulnerability & Resilience
- Vincent Morales from the Pembina Institute with their project, Urban Transport Partnerships: Last Mile Solutions & Electrification
Thank you to The City of Edmonton Change for Climate for supporting this research and this session.
Learn about the 2020 Environmental Gathering and view the full schedule here.
This event will be recorded to be shared publicly by the City of Edmonton. Questions submitted during the event will be read by a moderator and will not be attributed to the submitter. Your name, image or voice may appear in footage of this event. All personal information collected by the City of Edmonton is collected under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The City of Edmonton will use this information for educational and outreach purposes. Your information is managed and protected under the provisions of the Act. If you have any questions about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by this project, please contact the Program Manager at 780-496-4611,#900, 10111-104 Ave NW, Edmonton AB, T5J 0J4.
How to Attend Virtually
Regisered participants will receive the Zoom link and session material (where applicable) directly to their inbox 24 hours before the event starts.
Alberta Ecotrust 2020 Environmental Gathering Event Registration Policy
By purchasing a ticket to the 2020 Environmental Gathering, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Refund Policy: Due to the nature of the 2020 Environmental Gathering events this year, we are unable to offer ticket refunds.
- Ticket Transfer: Due to the nature of the 2020 Environmental Gathering events this year, we are unable to offer ticket transfers.
- Code of Conduct: The 2020 Environmental Gathering is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, or religion. Alberta Ecotrust does not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. At the sole discretion of Alberta Ecotrust, and without a ticket refund, we receive the right to expel from the event, anyone that we determine is violating the Code of Conduct and/or behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the event or any other event participant.
- Photo & Video Release: Alberta Ecotrust uses photographs and videos of our events in our promotional materials on our website and social media channels. By virtue of your attendance at the 2020 Environmental Gathering sessions, all event participants agree to the use of their likeness in these materials.
- Liability: Alberta Ecotrust and the 2020 Environmental Gathering will not accept liability for damages of any nature sustained by attendees or accompanying persons, or loss of, or damage to their personal property as a result of the 2020 Environmental Gathering or related event.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.